Help:Recent changes patrol
This feature is useful when reviewing recent changes for undesirable edits, copyright violations, link spam and vandalism. This allows people to coordinate their patrolling activity, such that edits get checked over once, with less wasted effort (different people checking the same edit).
Marking edits as patrolled
- To mark an edit as patrolled
- Access Special:RecentChanges
- Changes which are not patrolled will be indicated with a red exclamation mark (!)
- Click the (diff) link next to an edit
- To mark the edit as patrolled, click the mark as patrolled link
Hiding patrolled edits from recent changes
Patrolled edits can be hidden from recent changes by adding
&hidepatrolled=1 to the URL in the following form:
The patrolling functionality is disabled by default on ShoutWiki. To enable it for your wiki, please contact ShoutWiki staff.
The formatting of the unpatrolled edit marker can be altered using CSS. The exclamation mark displayed on the recent changes log is styled using the